The CBD Exposed urban youth music festival will take over the Liverpool Night Markets on Saturday 7 March, with L-FRESH The LION featuring Mirrah and MK-1, as well as some of Australia’s most talented young dancers from The Street University including The Pioneers, set to perform.
“Council is a big supporter and fan of The Street University’s work, and as such it’s fantastic to have the CBD Exposed festival and The Street University on board for the March Night Markets,” said Mayor Ned Mannoun.
“We’re excited to see what these talented young people, many of whom are from the Liverpool area, have planned for us. We welcome families and the wider community to come along to see what they’re about and to enjoy the free live entertainment.”
Marketgoers will also be able to pick up items from the Street University’s latest clothing range. Street Uni Clothing is designed and produced by young people, who also learn about what it takes to run a business.
Other highlights include:
- Guntawang Arts & Crafts – Check out the beautiful handmade items by this local indigenous women’s group.
- Give your pre-loved stuff some TLC – Pick up great recycling tips from the Community Recycling Centre stall and see how you can repurpose old household items;
- STARTTs Kitchen – Social enterprise organisation STARTTs returns to the Night Markets, this time offering up delicious fare.
- Street food – Something for all tastes, needs and wants. Featuring Argentinian Asado, Hmong Women’s Association Cuisine, churros, dumplings, noodles, waffles, ice-cream and more.
- Popular stalls return – Browse the wares on offer from CandleBar, Chocolates Del Mondo, Food Lovers Australia, Angkor Flowers and Craft, So Jealous, Fernwood Women’s Fitness and more;
- Kids’ activities – Little ones can enjoy a turn on the jumping castle, visit the petting zoo, listen to storytime or have their faces painted.
The markets are held on the first Saturday of every month in Macquarie Street from 4-9pm and are part of Liverpool City Council’s plans to boost the city’s night time economy and make Liverpool a more exciting place to live and work. Share your experience of the Night Markets via Instagram and upload your photos to @liverpoolnightmarkets #Liverpoolnightmarkets.
This is an alcohol-free event. For more information about Liverpool’s Night Markets please phone 1300 36 2170, visit www.liverpool.nsw.gov.au/nightmarkets or to get involved, email email@example.com.